Meet Magento UK – 2019 is dedicated to providing a harassment-free experience for everyone. We do not tolerate harassment of participants in any form.
We expect all Meet Magento UK participants (attendees, speakers, sponsors, and staff) to abide by this code of conduct at all Meet Magento UK events and spaces, including online channels related to the event.
Harassment includes, but is not limited to:
- Offensive comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion, lifestyle.
- Inappropriate physical contact
- Violence, threats of violence, or violent language
- Deliberate intimidation, stalking, or following, whether online or in-person
- Unwelcome sexual attention, whether physical or verbal
- Displaying sexually explicit or violent material
- Harassing photography or recording
- Sustained disruption of talks or other events
- Advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behaviour
If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns, please report it as soon as possible. If a staff member is involved, they will be recused from handling your incident. We will respond as promptly as we can.
You can make an anonymous report here. We won’t be able to follow up an anonymous report with you directly, but we will fully investigate it and take whatever action is necessary.
You can make a personal report by:
Contacting a staff member, identified by #MM19UK shirts. There will always be a staff member stationed at the venue reception.
Emailing us: firstname.lastname@example.org
When taking a report in person, our staff will ensure you are safe and cannot be overheard. They may involve other staff to ensure your report is managed properly. Once safe, we’ll ask you to tell us about what happened. This can be upsetting, but we’ll handle it as respectfully as possible, and you can bring someone to support you. You won’t be asked to confront anyone and we won’t tell anyone who you are.
Our staff will be happy to help you contact venue security, local law enforcement, local support services, provide escorts, or otherwise assist you to feel safe for the duration of the event. We value your attendance.
For urgent police, ambulance, or fire services: 999
For non-urgent police, medical, or fire assistance: 112
You can also make a report online here: https://www.met.police.uk/report/how-to-report-a-crime/
Participants asked to stop any harassing behaviour are expected to comply immediately.
If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, the organisers may take any action they deem appropriate, up to and including expulsion from all MMUK events and spaces without a refund.