Technical Track – 12:10 – 12:40
Stop refreshing the @#$%&! indexes
Indexes are a key component of a healthy Magento 2 store, yet most people’s interactions generally go no further than refreshing all indexes en-masse when something goes wrong.
This talk will provide a deep dive on indexing covering everything from the purpose of indexes, the data indexed to the different indexing modes as well as uncovering common misconceptions and issues, all wrapped up with a good dose of humour.
– Why are indexes important and why does Magento use them?
– What data does Magento index?
– What are the different indexing modes and how do they differ from Magento 1?
– What issues does using the ‘update on save’ mode cause?
– How does ‘update on schedule’ actually work with a live demo of the process from start to finish?
– Further tips, tricks and misconceptions